If you’re planning on renting a motorcycle from Dream Car Rentals it is important to brush up on some safety tips. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a first time renter, Dream Car Rentals encourages you to read over the following helpful hints before hitting the roadways of Las Vegas.
Pre-Ride Motorcycle Check
It is important to do a quick walk-around of your motorcycle rental before heading out on the road. The following steps will help to ensure the safety of your bike, while also improving the vehicles performance.
- Check that your headlights, turning signals, brake lights and taillights are working properly. These beacons are extremely important safety features on a motorcycle rental, especially if you’re planning on driving at night or on busy freeways.
- Remember to check all fluid levels on your bike before heading out for a long trip. Maintaining the proper levels of fluids like coolant, oil and fuel will help to ensure a worry free trip.
- Before starting up your motorcycle rental, it is a good idea to check both the clutch and the brake levers. If you notice any sticking or resistance, please call Dream Car Rental’s for assistance.
Safety Tips For Driving Your Motorcycle Rental
When driving your upcoming motorcycle rental from Dream Car Rentals it is important to keep certain safety precautions in mind. Dream Car Rentals encourages you to read the following safety tips before reserving your upcoming motorcycle rentals and also recommends visiting the Nevada DMV Motorcycle, Mopeds & Bicycles webpage, at www.dmvnv.com/motorcycle.htm.
- Wear Protective Gear! Proper gear for riding your motorcycle rental includes a DOT approved helmet, a face shield or goggles, gloves, a long sleeved shirt, pants and sturdy shoes. A leather or denim jacket is also recommended as it will help protect you from wind resistance and harsh weather conditions.
- Don’t Override your Headlights! Overriding your headlights at night will reduce your visibility, increasing your chances of an accident. Dream Car Rentals also recommends that you wear bright, reflective clothing when driving at night so that other drivers are aware of your presence.
- Use Both Brakes Together! When braking it is important to use both levers equally. Under good conditions, the front brake of most bikes can account for as much as 2/3 of the entire bike’s stopping power, but it is never a good idea to rely on just one brake.
- Remember to Secure all Loose Items! If you’re traveling with a load on motorcycle rental it is important to fasten it tightly. Remember to place all heavy objects low and towards the bikes center of gravity. If your load cannot be fastened without affecting your steering, handling or visibility leave it; chances are it’s not worth risking your life.
- Stay off the Road during a Rainstorm! The first few minutes of a rainstorm are the most dangerous for a biker. The road becomes very slippery at this point as water mixes with oil and fluids from prior vehicles. If you can, Dream Car Rentals encourages you pull over at this point and wait it out. If you can’t afford to stop, try and stay in the tracks of other vehicles as this will force away fluids, creating a safer path for your motorcycle rental.
- Slow Down Around Curves! It is always a good idea to decrease your speed when approaching a curve. Look through the curve and slowly accelerate as you come out the other side.
- Know your Bike! Remember to read your owner’s manual before heading out on the road in your upcoming motorcycle rental. All bikes are different so don’t assume that just because you known one, you know them all! Problems can often occur without warning, including blowouts and skids, so plan ahead and know what to do in the case of an accident.